Skip Navigation

Home & Car Insurance in Banff

Get a fast online quote:

or call 1-833-494-0075

TW Insurance – Home & Car Insurance in Banff

Looking for car or home insurance in Banff? Get a quote with TW Insurance! When you get a quote for car or home insurance, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get a quote now!
Working with a broker is the best way to make sure you’re getting the best rate possible – in Alberta, drivers pay the third highest premiums in Canada for car insurance, so it pays to shop around!1

Banff resides in Banff National Park, Canada’s oldest national park. Sitting in the scenic Rocky Mountains, Banff is a popular tourist destination year-round for hiking, biking, skiing and more. From the town of Banff, residents can easily access Mount Rundle, Cascade Mountain and Mount Norquay.

It doesn’t matter if you’re driving around Banff to get to work, attend school, visit family and friends or enjoy all Banff has to offer – TW Insurance brokers has got your back! 

Get a quote today! When you get a quote for car or home insurance, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get an online quote now or call a TW Insurance broker at 1-833-494-0075

Have questions about Banff car or home insurance? We’ve got answers!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


How do I find the lowest car insurance rates in Banff?

To find the lowest car insurance rates in Banff, you’ll want to work with a broker. Different insurers offer different rates, so you should compare multiple quotes before purchasing a policy. A broker will be able to quickly search quotes and coverage to find the best rate for you.

Additionally, brokers can give you expert advice on your car insurance, recommending what coverages you need and answering any questions you may have.


What is a deductible?

When you buy an insurance policy, you agree to pay a certain amount out of your own pocket when you make a car or home insurance claim. This is your deductible. For example, if you have a deductible of $1,000 and you file a claim for $5,000, your insurer will cover $4,000, leaving you to pay the additional $1,000 of your deductible. 

Increasing your deductible will lower your insurance rates, but it’s important to not increase your deductible too much. You still need to be able to afford the deductible if something happens. 


Do I need liability insurance, collision insurance and comprehensive insurance?

Everyone needs liability insurance coverage, as it’s required by law for Albertans to have at least $200,000 of third-party liability and accident benefits coverage.2 Auto liability insurance covers injury or damage your car causes to other people, vehicles or property.

Collision and comprehensive insurance are not legally required, but highly advised. If you hit something with your car, collision insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your car. Comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car as a result of theft, natural disaster or vandalism. Having both comprehensive and collision insurance will help protect the investment you’ve made. 


Do I have to buy home insurance?

There is no law requiring you to have home insurance. However, if you have a mortgage your mortgage lender likely requires that you maintain home insurance coverage. A landlord can also mandate that you have home insurance coverage for your belongings as a condition of your lease. Coverage is available for your condo, house, cabin or secondary home as well as your possessions.

If something happens to your belongings or your home, your home insurance can help cover the cost of replacement items or home repairs. It will also help cover legal costs that are a result of someone getting injured while on your property. 


What amount of home insurance should I buy?

The value of your home and your possessions will determine how much coverage you should purchase for your home insurance. Your policy should cover the cost it would take to replace your home and your belongings. Keeping a home inventory can help you make sure that you know how much your belongings are worth and if your home insurance covers that amount.

A broker can also help you figure out how much home insurance coverage you need if you’re not sure what makes sense for your situation.


Can I buy insurance for my RV or boat?

Yes! TW Insurance offers insurance for many types of recreational vehicles, including campers, RVs, trailers, motorhomes, fifth-wheels, boats, ATVs, quads, dirt-bikes, side-by-sides and off-road motorcycles. Ask your broker about a bundling discount for adding a recreational vehicle to an existing home or auto insurance policy.

Ready to get a quote for car or home insurance in Banff? When you do, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get an online quote now or call a TW Insurance broker at 1-833-494-0075!

1.    Canada Drives
2.    Automobile Insurance Rate Board Alberta

TW offers car and home insurance across Alberta!

Escape starts here