Skip Navigation

Home & Car Insurance in Edmonton

Get a fast online quote:

or call 1-833-494-0075

TW Insurance – Home & Car Insurance in Edmonton

Comparing car or home insurance rates in Edmonton? Get a quote with TW Insurance! When you get a quote for car or home insurance, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get a quote now!

Edmonton has a lot to offer as the capital city of Alberta and northernmost North American city with a population of over one million. One of the youngest and fastest growing cities in Canada, Edmonton is also known as Canada’s festival city, hosting more than 30 festivals annually. You’ll also find the largest shopping mall in North America, the West Edmonton Mall.

Did you know that in Alberta, drivers pay the third most expensive car insurance rates in Canada?1 On top of that, some of the highest car insurance rates in the province are in Edmonton. That’s why it’s crucial to work with a broker who can compare quotes for you and make sure you’re getting the best value. 

Whether you live in Strathcona, Ritchie, Bonnie Doon, Westmount, Crestwood, Downtown, Glenora, Hazeldean, Strathearn or Oliver, TW Insurance brokers can help you save on car and home insurance. When you save on insurance, you’ll have more money to be able to enjoy all the sights and sounds of Edmonton. 

Not only will TW Insurance Brokers help you get the best car and home insurance rates, they’ll also help you make sure you’re not sacrificing on coverage you need. When you’re driving around the city to get to work, cheer on the Oilers at Rogers Place, shop at the West Edmonton Mall, visit the Telus World of Science or attend one of Edmonton’s famous festivals, you can rest assured knowing that TW insurance has your back.

Get a quote today! When you get a quote for car or home insurance, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get an online quote now or call a TW Insurance broker at 1-833-494-0075

We’ve got answers to all your questions about Edmonton car or home insurance!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Should I compare different car insurance quotes before purchasing?

Each insurance company may charge a widely different rate for your car insurance because they insure different kinds of risks. For this reason, no one company can offer the best rates for all drivers in all situations. It’s to your advantage to shop around and find the best rates for you — and a broker can do a lot of that work for you.


What are the benefits of using an insurance broker?

Using an insurance broker makes the work of shopping around for insurance easier because we compare quotes for you! We’ll find you good coverage for the best price after getting quotes with several insurance companies. To do so, we look at the policy you’d like to purchase, the price tag, all discounts available and any additional benefits or services an insurer may offer.

Our brokers work for you, not commission! You’ll only be offered coverage that fits your needs. 


In Edmonton, what impacts my car insurance rates?

There are many different variables to consider when calculating your car insurance rate. Some of these include your car’s make and model, where you live, your age, your claims history and your driving record. If you don’t have any accidents in the past six years and you’re an experienced driver, you’ll typically pay cheaper rates than an inexperienced driver or someone who has accidents on their record. 


Am I eligible for any car insurance discounts?

To get the best car insurance rates, you’ll want to make sure that your insurer is applying all the available discounts. Common discounts include a collision free discount for a clean driving record, a winter tire discount for having snow tires installed during the winter, a conviction free discount if your license doesn’t have any demerit points and a driving school discount if you pass a driving school course recognized by your insurer. Talk to a TW Insurance broker to find out what discounts apply to you.


What car insurance coverage am I legally required to have in Edmonton?

In Canada, all vehicles must be covered by a minimum amount of car insurance. You must have at least $200,000 of third-party liability and accident benefits coverage in Alberta.2
Most Edmonton drivers purchase more than the bare minimum. In Alberta, over 98% of vehicles are insured for at least a $1,000,000 limit of third-party liability.2 Third party liability doesn’t cover damage to your vehicle, however — for that, you’ll need collision and comprehensive coverage. These coverages will help you repair your vehicle if you get into a collision or if your car is damaged by falling objects, vandalism, natural disaster or a fire. 


What is covered by a home insurance policy?

Home insurance covers the investment you’ve made in purchasing your home and your personal belongings. If something happens to your condo, cabin, house or secondary home, your home insurance will help cover the cost of repair or replacement of your home and your belongings, as well as costs related to someone getting injured on your property. If you live in an apartment, you can get tenant’s insurance to cover the value of your belongings.


Is having home insurance a legal requirement in Edmonton?

There is no law requiring home owners or renters to have home insurance. However, most mortgage lenders will require that you have home insurance in order to secure a mortgage to buy a house or condo. If you rent your home, a landlord may ask that you have renter’s insurance as a condition of your lease, so that the value of your personal belongings are covered.


Should I bundle my car and home insurance?

Yes! The easiest way to save money on your insurance is to bundle your car and home insurance with one insurance provider. When you bundle, your insurer will likely give you a significant discount on your policies. As a bonus, you’ll only have to deal with one insurer when filing a claim or making changes to your policy. Call a TW Insurance broker today and ask about the perks of bundling. 


Can TW Insurance insure my recreational vehicle?

Yes! TW Insurance does offer recreational vehicle insurance to cover your RV, trailer, motorhome, camper, fifth wheel, boat, ATV, quad, side-by-side, off-road motorcycles, dirt bikes and personal watercraft such as Seadoos and Jet-Skis. Bundle your recreational vehicle insurance with your car and home insurance to save!

Get a quote today — when you do, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get an online quote now or call a TW Insurance broker at 1-833-494-0075!

1.    Canada Drives
2.    Automobile Insurance Rate Board Alberta

TW offers car and home insurance across Alberta!