Skip Navigation

Home & Car Insurance in Grande Prairie

Get a fast online quote:

or call 1-833-494-0075

TW Insurance – Home & Car Insurance in Grande Prairie

Looking for car or home insurance in Grande Prairie? Get a quote with TW Insurance! When you get a quote for car or home insurance, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get a quote now

Working with a broker is the best way to make sure you’re getting the best rate possible – in Alberta, drivers pay the third highest premiums in Canada for car insurance, so it pays to shop around! 1

Sitting at the intersection of highways 43 and 40, Grande Prairie was one of Canada’s fastest growing cities in the early 2000s. Sometimes nicknamed “Swan City” for the nearby nesting grounds of the trumpeter swan, Grande Prairie is the largest commercial centre north of Edmonton and serves as a regional hub for Northern Alberta, Northern British Columbia and the Northwest Territories. 

It doesn’t matter if you’re driving around Grande Prairie to get to work, attend school, visit family and friends or enjoy all Grande Prairie has to offer – TW Insurance brokers has got your back! 

Get a quote today! When you get a quote for car or home insurance, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get an online quote now or call a TW Insurance broker at 1-833-494-0075

Have questions about Grande Prairie car or home insurance? We’ve got answers!

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Why do different insurers charge different car insurance rates?

Each insurer decides what risks they want to insure, so they all have different ways of calculating your car insurance rates. No one insurer can say that their rates are the lowest for everyone, because rates will all vary depending on the insurer’s unique formula and your personal circumstances.

What is a deductible?

The deductible is the sum you will pay if you make an insurance claim. For example, if you file a claim for a loss of $2,000, and your deductible is $500, your insurer will pay you $1,500 to cover that loss. 

The higher your deductible, generally the lower your car or home insurance rates will be, as you are agreeing to pay more out of pocket. However, you don’t want your deductible to be so high that you can’t actually afford to pay it if something happens to your car or home.

Is tenant’s insurance really necessary?

From a legal standpoint, no, tenant insurance is not required. However, a landlord may require that you own tenant’s insurance to cover the cost of your belongings. Although the landlord is responsible for insuring the actual building or unit, they will not pay for any damage to your belongings. This is why it’s a smart idea to cover the value of your possessions with an insurance policy – in the event of a loss, your insurer will help pay the cost of replacing what you’ve lost. 

Is my valuable jewelry or artwork covered by home insurance?

Your home insurance policy will explain what is covered, as well as any special limits for categories of valuables. For very valuable items, such as jewelry, watches or artwork, there is likely a limit for the insured value of all of the items in that category. If you add up the value of all of the pieces of jewelry in your collection and it amounts to more than the limit for that category, you will need to purchase additional insurance. 

If you’re not sure if you need additional coverage for your valuables, call your broker!

When my child lives away from home at their university or college, are their belongings covered under my home insurance?

When your child is considered to be your dependent, their belongings are covered by your insurance policy if they are temporarily living away from home. 

Can I buy insurance for my motorhome or ATV?

Yes! TW insures many recreational vehicles, including boats, off-road motorcycles, dirt bikes, ATVs, side-by-sides, quads, fifth-wheels, trailers, motorhomes, campers and RVs. If you have an existing car or home insurance policy, you may be eligible for a bundling discount when you add on your recreational vehicle policy.

Ready to get a quote for car or home insurance in Grande Prairie? When you do, you’ll also receive a $20 e-gift card of your choice. Get an online quote now or call a TW Insurance broker at 1-833-494-0075

1.    Canada Drives

TW offers car and home insurance across Alberta!