2022 TW Contest
No purchase necessary. Enter this Contest for a chance to win one cash prize of CAD $5,000 or one of two cash prizes of $1,500. Please read the Official Rules below.
The 2022 TW Contest (the “Contest”) will begin January 1, 2022 at 12:01AM ET and will close on December 31, 2022 at 11:59PM ET (“Contest Period”).
By participating in the Contest, each contestant agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of TW (defined below) and the independent selection team which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest or the awarding of the prize, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
This Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time they enter this Contest. Employees, directors, trustees and officers of TW Insurance Brokers Inc., and its affiliated companies 1
(which, individually and collectively are hereinafter referred to as “TW”), the prize selection team and members of their respective immediate families and/or anyone with whom TW employees, directors, trustees or officers are domiciled are excluded from participating in this Contest.
Contestants must enter their first and last name, a valid email address and phone number where they can be contacted and the policy renewal date for either their home and/or automobile insurance policies. All renewal dates entered must be for current, in-force home and/or auto insurance policies. Each Contestant will receive one ballot/entry for each renewal date that is provided (i.e. if a Contestant provides both their home and auto insurance policy renewal dates, the Contestant will receive two ballots/entries). Contestants may also receive an additional ballot/entry by opting-in to receive SMS messages from TW.
By entering the Contest, Contestants hereby agree and consent to having a TW customer service representative contact them and/or receive an electronic communication prior to their insurance policy(ies) expiring to receive a free, no-obligation insurance quote(s) and to discuss insurance matters applicable to them. Contestants do not have to be currently insured through TW.
Contestants may also subscribe to receive TW promotional emails and electronic Newsletter by checking the appropriate box on the Contest entry form. Contestants may unsubscribe at any time from such communications by selecting the unsubscribe link in the email delivering their promotional email or electronic Newsletter, or by notifying TW’s Marketing Department at 1-866-272-5688. Contestants may also opt-in to receive SMS messages from TW by providing their telephone number.
How to Enter
- No Purchase Necessary. To receive one (1) entry, enter the Contest online using TW’s Contest webpage at https://cloud.e.otip.com/tw-contest at any time during the Contest Period.
- Complete the online Contest form. All fields are mandatory unless otherwise indicated.
- The Contest can only be entered once per person. Multiple entries will be considered duplicate entries to the Contest, declared void and the contestant will be disqualified from the Contest rendering them ineligible for a prize.
- An entry to the Contest will only be accepted online through the TW website noted above. Contestants cannot mail in or email a paper ballot to the Contest. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- Contestants have the chance to win one cash prize of CAD $5,000 or one of two cash prizes of $1,500, to be paid by certified cheque and shipped to the winner by mail. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and non-exchangeable for any other form of payment or award except at the discretion of TW. TW is not responsible for any lost, stolen or misplaced prize.
Winner Selection/ Draw
- Any and all taxes on the prize awarded, including income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of the prize (if applicable), are the responsibility of the winner. No substitutions will be made for the prize except at the discretion of TW who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
- Separate and random draws will be made for each of the prizes. The draws will be made from all eligible entries submitted online during the Contest Period. Each separate and random draw will take place in Waterloo, Ontario and will be completed by an independent selection team on the following dates;
- $1,500 prize draw on or about Friday April 29, 2022
- $1,500 prize draw on or about Wednesday August 31, 2022
- $5,000 prize draw on or about Wednesday January 4, 2023
Prize Claim Conditions
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- The selected contestant will be notified by email to the email address they listed on the online Contest entry form. In order to be declared the official winner, the selected contestant must: (i) respond to notification of selection within ten (10) business days of first attempt by TW; (ii) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise; (iii) sign and return to TW a written declaration and release form, releasing TW from any liability in connection with this Contest or the use or misuse, awarding, and possession of any prize (the “Release”), and, (iv) otherwise comply with these Official Rules.
- Return of the prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach the selected entrant or failure of the selected entrant to respond to notification within ten (10) business days of first attempt by TW, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), Release, or other required documentation in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and, at TW’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited prize in accordance with these Official Rules, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
- For the purpose of these Official Rules, the contestant is the person whose name was entered into the Contest and is the authorized account holder the email address included on the Contest entry form (the “Contestant”). “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Protection of Personal Information and Publicity Release
- It is the sole responsibility of any contestant to notify TW’s Marketing Department at 1-866-272-5688 or in writing to: TW Insurance Brokers Inc., Marketing Dept., P.O. Box 218, 125 Northfield Drive West, Waterloo, ON N2J 3Z9 if the contestant changes his or her email address if that contestant still wishes to be included in the Contest.
Right to Terminate/Suspend/Modify
- By entering this Contest, the winner consents in writing to the use of their name, city and province where they reside by TW in a format approved by that winner, as well as any audio/video image, statements, and/or photographs in any related publicity and publication without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media and social media now known or hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law, without further compensation or notice, and the winner hereby releases the TW Releasees (as defined below) from any liability with respect thereto.
- TW reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, suspend, cancel, amend or modify all or part of the Contest, including any rule(s) of the Contest, in whole or in part, in any manner whatsoever, at any time and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever or if it determines that for any reason the Contest cannot be run as originally planned, including, but not limited to, technical failure or corruption, loss of WiFi or internet connection, computer virus, bugs, computer, electronic or system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, theft, lack of paper ballots, or any other factor(s) or cause(s) beyond TW’s control which in TW’s opinion compromises the fairness or integrity of the Contest and/or affects the administration, security, or proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules.
Limitation of Liability and Releases
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, entry, entry count, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of the prize than contemplated in these Official Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Contest Period to award the prize.
- By entering, the contestant releases TW from any and all liability arising out of, or in connection with, participation in the Contest and the awarding of any prize, now or in the future.
- By entering the Contest, the winner agrees to sign a Release where the contestant agrees to release, indemnify and forever discharge TW, TW’s affiliated companies, the prize selection team, and any advertising and promotional agencies used in connection with this Contest or the prize, and their respective shareholders, members, directors, trustees, officers, employees, agents, and contractors (the “TW Releasees”), from any and all action, proceedings, suits, liability, losses, costs, expenses (including legal fees and disbursements), damages, demands and claims of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, in connection with or arising from any act or omission of TW in the performance of their duties hereunder, or in connection with the Contest or participation therein, and/or resulting from the awarding, acceptance, possession or misuse/use of the prize, including without limitation, any loss, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy that could result from, but not limited to, the awarding or use of the prize by signing a Release as a condition to and in advance of receiving their prize in favour of TW such that TW shall not be liable for the use or misuse of the prize. The provisions of this section shall survive the termination of this Contest and may be relied upon by the parties hereto at any time. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.
- Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations, is void where prohibited by law and is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect. TW’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All entries become the property of TW upon receipt and will not be returned. Entries and each prize claim are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- All decisions of TW and of the independent selection team are final and TW shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
- TW is not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, destroyed, corrupted or misdirected, incomplete, incorrect, garbled, or delayed by or on any computer, online telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur in the processing transmission or receipt of entries or any entries that are illegible. TW is not responsible for any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of electronic data transmission, telephones, telephone lines or telephone systems, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or timing errors, electronic or equipment failure or other communication problems occurring in connection with participation in this Contest nor is it responsible for any transmission of viruses from the TW website to a computer system or if any whole entry system crashes resulting in the Contest being cancelled or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise. TW reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate or necessary to comply with applicable law.
- The TW Releasees expressly disclaim and shall be held free of all responsibility or liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, accident, delay or the neglect or default of any company or person providing any service for the Contest, whether through such provider’s negligence or otherwise, or due to epidemic, social or political disturbances, government-mandated closure of businesses, or due to any cause whatsoever occurring during the Contest and the use of their prize.
- To address any questions or comments, contact TW at 1-800-272-5688 and ask for the Marketing Department or write to TW’s head office at: TW Insurance Brokers Inc., 125 Northfield Drive West, PO Box 218, Waterloo ON N2J 3Z9 Attention: Marketing Department.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials including, but not limited to: the entry form, Contest website, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TW RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Contest sponsor: TW Insurance Brokers Inc., 125 Northfield Drive West, PO Box 218, Waterloo, Ontario N2J 3Z9.
TW affiliated companies: Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan, OTIP/RAEO Insurance Brokers Inc., OTIP/RAEO Benefits Incorporated and Curo Claims Services Inc.